In continuation of our expansion we are seeking a highly motivated individual for a new position as Senior Mechanical Field Application Engineer for our growing and expanding business in the USA and globally.
The position requires a unique highly motivated individual with extensive experience in Interconnect Design, with emphasis on CAD-CAM.
The position as Senior Mechanical FAE, (Field Application Engineer) requires a unique highly motivated individual with experience in the field of I/O interconnects, CAD-CAM, melt flow analysis, and tooling.
The individual will have the overall responsibility of driving /managing the R&D efforts in the NAFTA region as well as collaboration of our Asian based R&D teams.
Over and above that further strengthen LOROM technical competence in the area of connector designs & engineering.
Significant traveling is expected with this assignment, approximately 80 travel days per year, both nationally as well as internationally.
This newly created position is critical and of vital importance to the company’s overall key strategic objectives of entering in the new markets globally with innovative I/O products
The responsibilities and activities will be extremely diverse in the build up phase and requires a multitasking creative individual capable of communicating at all levels.
Due to time, differences it’s expected that some communication will take place outside the normally accepted working hours.
General Skills required:
- Ability to lead
- Capability of working as a team member
- Able to work independently and set and meet own deadlines without supervision
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Understanding of corporate culture, policies and goals and how to implement them as a manager
- Able to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
- Able to develop and utilize a business strategy and plan
- Understanding market and customers and how to best meet the requirements
- Knowing when and how to delegate tasks
- Create reports and recommendation to strategies for upper management
- Ensure that the department or division meets company goals
- Enforce company policies
- Understanding market and customer’s technical requirements and the ability to communicate these findings adequately to the R&D and engineering community in global factories.
- Transformation of these requirement in to concrete R&D action and project plans meeting the overall strategic objectives of the corporation
- Traveling to the main R&D Facilities in China/Taiwan as well as competency centers in Europe and USA
Responsibilities and duties:
- Supervise support staff and sometimes other managers
- Oversee and develop budget plans for the R&D activities
- Coordinate departmental activities
- Hiring and training employees
- Work with other department managers
Customer & market interface:
- Work directly with clients R&D teams and communities in market and customers
- Direct support in all sales channels on strategic key accounts
- Defining key requirements from a technical aspect with key accounts and markets
- Identify create support strategic partnerships with connector manufacturing companies, and or CEM, Contract manufacturing companies.
Technical marketing and industry standards participation:
- Technical competitive analysis of LOROM versus incumbent market leader positions, and establish differentiation and FAB analysis in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments
- Write technical white paper for publishing in trade magazine and other technical related media’s such as web presence etc.
- Participation of selected technical symposiums
- Identify; participate in industry trade organizations/standard organizations related to the company’s products
Compensation and benefits
You will be eligible for the LOROM EIP (Executive incentive program) based upon mutually agreed objectives and goals(KPI).
- Competitive base compensation
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina
- 401k plan with matched employer contribution
Apply via the LinkedIn website: Job ID 44973518, or email: Henning@loromamerica.com