The position of Field Application Engineer for Signal integrity requires a highly motivated individual with experience in the field of high speed I/O interconnects, signal integrity, as well as modeling of interconnects.
The individual will interact and collaborate with our worldwide R&D laboratories in Mainland China, USA and Europe.
Over and above that, will strengthen LOROM’s technical competence even further in the areas of Signal integrity engineering and research & development of high speed interconnects.
Significant traveling is expected with this assignment, approximately 80 travel days per year, both nationally as well as internationally.
This newly created position is critical, and of vital importance, to the company’s overall key strategic objectives of entering into new markets with innovative I/O products, globally.
The responsibilities and activities will be extremely diverse in the build up phase and requires a multi-tasking, creative individual, capable of communicating at all levels.
Due to time differences, it’s expected that some communication will take place outside the normally accepted working hours.
- Create reports and recommendation of strategies for management
- Ensure that the department or division meets company goals
- Understanding market and customer’s technical requirements, and the ability to communicate these findings adequately to the R&D and engineering community in global factories.
- Transforming these requirements in to concrete R&D action and project plans meeting the overall strategic objectives of the corporation
- Traveling to the main R&D Facilities in China/Taiwan as well as competency centers in Europe and USA
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support team members, staff and sometimes other managers
- Oversee and develop budget plans for the R&D activities
- Coordinate departmental activities
- Training employees
- Work with other departmental managers
Customer & Market Interface:
- Work directly with clients R&D SI teams and communities in market and customers
- Direct support in all sales channels on strategic key accounts
- Defining key requirements from a technical aspect with key accounts and markets
- Identify create support strategic partnerships with connector manufacturing companies, and or CEM, Contract manufacturing companies.
- Technical Marketing and Industry Standards Participation:
- Technical competitive analysis of LOROM versus incumbent market leader positions, and establish differentiation and FAB analysis in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments
- Write technical white paper for publishing in a trade magazine and other technical related media’s such as web presence etc.
- Participation of selected technical symposiums
- Identify, participate in industry trade/standard organizations related to the company’s products
- Lead and assist in all technical aspect of rejects and other related quality related issues
- Integral part of all customers’ & market aspects, ranging from outsourcing, quality assurance, testing issues etc.
- Technical discussion with the technical community at key OEM accounts
- Management of timelines with development projects for customer application specific products.
R&D Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patent applications and patent research and interaction with patent offices
- Manage the company’s IP on Signal Integrity.
- Development of test programs
- Issuing of technical test reports and first article reports
- Development of software/and other aids for product verification and qualifications
- Layout and SI optimization of interconnect PCB’s layouts
- Conduct medium to large scale Modeling and simulation software of complex interconnect systems
- Ph. D, Electrical Engineering, or a minimum M.Sc. electrical engineering: Area of specialty& expertise: Signal Integrity
- Technical experience: VNA, TDR, HFSS, Ansoft Designer, ADS, HSPICE, PSPICE, Sentaurus, VB, Labview, Matlab, C, Visual Basic, Optem, Occulus. PTS software package, Bert scopes, PLTS software, Fast Fourier transformations,
- Language skills: English & Chinese
- Computing skills: Windows, DOS, UNIX and Mac operating system, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Mathematical and analytical skills are crucial for the position; a GPA higher then 3.6 is required
General Skills Required:
- Ability to lead
- Capability of working as a team member
- Able to work independently and set and meet own deadlines without supervision
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Understanding of corporate culture, policies and goals and how to implement them as a manager
- Able to develop and utilize a business strategy and plan
- Understanding market and customers and how to best meet the requirements
- Knowing when and how to delegate tasks
The FAE must keep both the company overall goals and market/client expectations in mind when developing R&D product strategies and overseeing daily operations.
A part of the job description of a FAE is also to manage those client expectations and recommend to the company executives ways his department or division can better meet company goals.
Apply via the LinkedIn website: Job ID 47144855, or email: Henning@loromamerica.com