In continuation of our expansion we are seeking a highly-motivated individual for a new position as Mechanical FAE for our growing and expanding business in the USA and globally.
The position requires a unique highly motivated individual with extensive experience in Interconnect Design, with emphasis on terminals and strain reliefs
The position as Mechanical FAE, (Field Application Engineer) requires a unique highly motivated individual with experience in the field of I/O interconnects,
The individual will have the overall responsibility of driving /managing our development projects with our client base and act as a bridge between the customer R&D departments ensure effective collaboration of our Asian based R&D teams.
Over and above that further strengthen LOROM technical competence in connector designs & engineering,
Traveling is expected with this assignment, approximately 60 travel days per year, both nationally as well as internationally.
This newly created position is critical and of vital importance to the company’s overall key strategic objectives of entering in the new markets globally with innovative I/O products
The responsibilities and activities will be extremely diverse in the build up phase and requires a multitasking creative individual capable of communicating at all levels.
Due to time, differences it’s expected that some communication will take place outside the normally accepted working hours.
General Skills required
- Ability to lead key projects
- Capability of working as a team member
- Able to work independently and set and meet own deadlines without supervision
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Understanding of corporate culture, policies and goals and how to implement them as a manager
- Able to understand market strategies and plans
- Understanding market and customers and how to best meet the requirements
- Knowing when and how to delegate tasks
A major part of the job is to manage specific client and market expectations and recommend to the company executives ways his department or division can better meet company goals.
- Project planning and establishing/setting mile stones
- Create reports and recommendation to product strategies
- Ensure that the department or division meets company goals
- Understanding market and customer’s technical requirements and the ability to communicate these findings adequately to the R&D and engineering community in global factories.
- Transformation of these requirement in to concrete R&D action and project plans meeting the overall strategic objectives of the corporation
- Traveling to the main R&D Facilities in China/Taiwan as well as competency centers in USA
- Coordinate cross departmental activities
- Work with other department managers
Customer & market interface:
- Work directly with clients R&D teams and communities in market and customers
- Direct support in all sales channels on strategic key accounts
- Defining key requirements from a technical aspect with key accounts and markets
- Identify create support strategic partnerships with connector manufacturing companies, and or CEM, Contract manufacturing companies.
Technical marketing and industry standards participation:
- Technical competitive analysis of LOROM versus incumbent market leader positions, and establish differentiation and FAB analysis in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments
- Write technical white paper for publishing in trade magazine and other technical related media’s such as web presence etc.
- Participation of selected technical symposiums
- Identify; participate in industry trade organizations/standard organizations related to the company’s products
- Lead and assist in all technical aspect of rejects and other related quality related issues
- Integral part of all customers’ & market aspects, ranging from outsourcing, quality assurance, testing issues etc.
- Technical discussion with the technical community at key OEM accounts
- Management of timelines with development projects for customer application specific products.
There’s something special about LOROM.
There’s a sense of pride that comes from building products and offering solutions helping our customers and at the same time making the most of us as individuals.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our products and solutions, our financial strength, expanding our global reach and the strong commitment of our management and employees worldwide.
Our journey focuses on leveraging these strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected companies in the world… The time is now.
What do we offer?
- LOROM’s 25 years of innovation and customer market driven growth, our leading technology and the global scale of what we do;
- The challenge of meaningful work – our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career;
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action;
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
What do we expect from you?
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact – turning your passion into action;
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work and your life, regardless of your role;
- A spirit of collaboration – you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views,
Compensation and benefits
You will be eligible for the LOROM incentive program based upon mutually agreed objectives and goals,(KPI)
- Competitive base compensation
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina
- 401k plan with matched employer contribution