Data Center Cabling
EMAXX® High Speed Cable Assemblies
LOROM High Speed Cable Assembles comprise the use of unique world-class, state-of-the-art, in-house developed E-Maxx® Bulk Cable. Providing the highest level of signal integrity performance.
In particular, extremely low-insertion loss due to our unique skin-foam-skin, gas-injected dielectric technology as well as extreme control of balanced/unbalanced (mode conversion), providing significant performance advantages in increased system head-room/budget, as well as ease of cable management and smaller packaging densities.
Performance to the Maxx
The EMAXX® cable assemblIes employ new innovative PCB Technology designed specifically to address the complex issues of optimising signal integrity performance.
In particular, cross talk as well as launch condition between wire and PCB termination to optimise return loss and prevent/minimise ringing effects.
Our highly automated, controlled cable assembly manufacturing processes using the worlds first automatic soldering process, optimises the critical termination between wire and PCB, improving overall performance and removing the human element.
Automated final test and quality systems assure high-quality cable assemblies, conforming to the high-speed electrical performance requirements in industry specifications.
Excellence of mechanical design exceeds the stringent mechanical interface requirements as defined by applicable industry standards.
E-Maxx® Bulk Cable
- 32 AWG to 24 AWG cables sizes available; Silver-Plated Conductors with controlled skin effects
- Ultra-Low insertion loss due to E-Maxx® bulk cable
- “Best-in-class” mode conversion (balance) due to proprietary manufacturing processes and equipment
- Up to 30% reduction in outside diameter due to skin-foam-skin dielectric technologies (foam vs. solid)
- Bandwidth in excess of 13 Ghz
LOROM’s unique product offering of precision external Mini-SAS and Mini-SATA cable assembly solutions, provide a complete product platform addressing the ever increasing demand for higher channel density with a high level of signal integrity performance in serial I/O interfaces.
LOROM’s unique offering of precision external QSFP+ cable assembly solutions provides a complete product platform addressing and providing unique value propositions to these difficult challenges. The QSFP+ cable assembly product platform provides a cost-effective, high-speed solution that meets and exceeds the bandwidth requirements of current and future applications in servers and external storage systems.
The SFP+ cable assembly product platform provides a cost-effective, high speed solution that meets and exceeds the bandwidth requirements of current and future applications in servers and external storage systems.
Advantages of EMAXX®
- Increased ICR insertion loss to crosstalk ratio ensuring increased system budget overhead
- Robust Mechanical Design in excess 1000 flex cycles per SFF8417
- Improved cable management better airflow in dense cable racks
- Excellent EMC performance ensured by 360° inner-outer crimp ferules
- Pull Force in excess of 240N
- LSOH and PVC versions with Tri-rated safety certification, UL, CSA and IEC
- All assemblies 100% testing of all vital SI parameters according to applicable standards
- Independantly verified performance by Infiniband (IBTA integrators list)
- Fully compliant with all relevent SFF and IEEE Specifications
- All cable assemblies undergo 100% with all S-Parameters recorded and files
- RoHS compliant
Applicable Industry Standards
- SFF-8074i, SFF-8431
- IEEE 802.3 Gigabit-Ethernet standard
- QSFP+ Copper and Optical Modules
- SFP Small Form Factor Pluggable Transceiver rev 1.0 Enhanced SFF Pluggable