Tygadure High Temperature Cable
LOROM’s high performance cable range is now represented by the Tygadure® brand. A brand, which is recognised as being at the forefront of technology, development and utilization of high performance cable insulations over the past 50 years.
The ability to produce high performance cables in addition to the more conventional thermoplastic and thermoset types makes our cable manufacturing portfolio complete. In addition to our cable production lines we also provide expertise in the processes of metal stamping, die-casting, over-molding, injection molding and material compounding. This unique ability enables LOROM to offer complete and competitive assemblies and systems.
Solutions for a harsh environment
Why consider Tygadure Irradiation Chemistry?
Radiation cross-linked plastics constitute an innovative material solution. They extend the choice of materials because, in a great number of applications they allow reducing material of processing costs and they can replace traditional materials or expensive ones, examples of Teflon and other fluorocarbon materials.
Radiation cross-linking has effects on the three main characteristics of plastics:
Mechanical behaviors – chemical stability – thermal resistance.
- Improved mechanical characteristics, without any dimensional change
- Increasing hardness
- Increasing stress at break and increasing modulus
- Decreasing elongation
- Improved impact resistance
- Improved creep resistance
- Improved resistance to stress cracking and to abrasion
- Improved resistance to the usual solvents (for example, acids in the vase of polyamide, organic derivate in the case of polyethylene or elastomers)
- Chemical aggressive agents, like salt haze, grease, oil
- Dimensional stability
- Heat distortion temperature
- Creeping-glow wire resistance
- Flame resistance
- Compression set
- Medical Equipment
- Power Cords & Power Tool COrdage
- Domestic Appliances
- Medical Devices
- Internal Wiring
- Temperature Sensors
- Oxygen Sensors
- Gearbox Sensors
- Aircraft & Avionic Equipment
- Military Vehicles & Equipment
- Heating Elements
- Wire Wrap
- Automotive Applications