Single and Double Twist
Precision twisting precise “true twist” pairs for use in instrumentation cables, control cables, LAN cables, central office cables and factory automation cables.
The LOROM Advantages:
- Very low cost due to high RPM and high put through
- Proven technology and equipment
- Maintenance of process control with high a degree of sophistication in closed control loops
- Twisting tension control with dancers in conjunction with an external pulling capstan
- Lay length accuracy given by differential gear driving system
- Optional, controlled back twist or neutralization of back twist by driven type pay-offs
Pairing / Taping / Laying-up for the production of Cat. 5/6/7/7A/8 LAN Shielded pairs or unshielded pairs cable in one operation.
The quest for increased bandwidth drives us to develop machinery, equipment and software process control for continuous improvement in our twisting and twinning.
We anticipate higher bandwidth applications in data centers and enterprise networks that will constantly drives us to improve our twinning and twisting capabilities, as well as tape applicators will insure accurate pair shielding in line during our cabling and twisting process.
We have demonstrated leadership in developing in house machinery that will produce products to respond to these future demands by producing cables not only capable of meeting, but exceeding all standards for 1200 MHz Category 7 cables and also the new anticipated Category 8 used for 40GBPS Ethernet transmission per IEC 46C/976/NP and ISO/IEC TR 11801-99-1.
Significant enhancement of the manufacturing processes is the key in order to exceed these new market demands for higher bandwidth, accuracy, consistency and control loop systems as well as tension controllers and magnetic clutches have been enhanced by our already state of the art group twisting machinery.
Advantages of Group Twisting:
- Maintaining excellence in signal integrity performance by having twisting, shielding and cabling all in one continuous process
- Adjustable different pairing length process incisive double twist with/without back twist, triple twist, making the equipment universal
- Individual tension via magnetic clutches and brake control of each wire, each pair and cable by a power driven system