Horizontal Taping With Inline Braiding
Concentric horizontal servo taping machine with optional in-line vertical braiding.
In house built, high quality precision taping machines:
- Cost effective solution, High speed accurate taping
- Increased productivity by in house machinery development to perfectly match product application
- Tension controlled servo motor drive, accurate head control using state of the art drive technology
- Maintenance of taping quality
- Accurate and consistent taping of a wide range of materials
- Less set up time as specialty in house developed high capacity tape pads pay-off
- Optional traverse tape packages to increase productivity with less pad changes. Integrated tape pad storage
- In house developed and programmed operator HMI control modules
- Control panel provide operator and process engineer ease of fine adjustment of the taping overlap
- Strobe light implemented on each line with freeze view
- Settings and taping line status information displayed
- Non-contact sensors for low pad detection
- Skilled experts on site as machinery is in house build for fast resolution of tooling or process issues
Concentric Bi-Directional Taping Equipment
Our vertical taping machines have integrated two concentric servo driven tape heads accommodating either flat or traverse packed tape pads. The servo direct drive motors have synchronous advanced brake systems to enable low tension for taping small size wires with very thin tapes of various materials, such as ePTFE, Mica and Kapton tapes.
Constant Tape Tension and Machine Control
Our in-house process-engineering group has developed advanced electronic systems that are ensuring precise and regulated tape tension. In addition a dancer system is installed on each of our vertical tapers, which will detect tape breaks and will instruct the machine to come to an instant stop. Installed in memory is a recipe product masters that is included in the control system to allow the operator to create, save and load taping recipes.
Photoelectric low tape detectors control the tape pad from running out of tape.
Minimized vibration through an in house designed guidance system holds the conductor during the taping process.
Strobe lights are installed on each of our vertical taping machines with ‘freeze frame’ views of the taping process.
Lorom Zero-Tension Taping Technology
State of the Art in-house built and designed Zero Tension equipment.
Over the last 5 years we have developed the most advanced taping technology that exist anywhere in the world. These horizontal taping machines are unique as the tape head and the tape pad are two separate mechanical systems, with advanced DC Drives and software controlling the systems independently of each other.
Advanced algorithms has been developed to coordinate the pay-off pad and the tape head ensuring unsurpassed performance in:
- Ultimate tension control, over conventional equipment
- Ultimate control tape angle
- Ultimate control of OD
- Unsurpassed line speed
- Unsurpassed tape head speed, 5000 RPM
- Elimination of breaks of thin and fragile tapes
- Elimination of any scalloping of edges of tape
Our advanced camera technology installed on our high speed taping line captures each individual wrap frame by frame. A control loop then constantly adjusts the taping head to ensure accurate tape registration between layers and by using image acquisition software the output from camera system inputs into the taping machine control system and thereby allowing positional control of the taping process.
Example of stress crack caused by inadequate tension control taping equipment:
Example of scalloping foil edges caused by in accuracy of taping tension: